Custom & Craft Jewish Rituals, the organization behind projects like Haggadot.com and HighHolidays@Home, seeks a relationship builder, content wrangler and ritual enthusiast to join our team as our new Community Manager. This part-time opportunity is for an early or mid-career professional, working remotely up to 20 hours per week. Top candidates will be experienced self-starters and empathetic listeners who are excited to help others connect to at-home Jewish ritual at a time of significant growth for our organization.
Working closely with the Director of Partnerships and Content, the Community Manager will gain a deep understanding of Custom & Craft’s user types and will build relationships with the ritual catalysts in our community through content curation, social media, email, webinars and direct customer service. During the next year, the Community Manager may have the opportunity to shape their role into a full-time position, based on their unique skills and knowledge.
About Us: Haggadot.com is a project of Custom & Craft Jewish Rituals, a nonprofit design lab using technology, art and media to imagine new formats for engaging with ancient traditions. Founded in 2011, we envision a world where home-based Jewish ritual is accessible, meaningful, and diverse. Each day, our team brings our core values of: Create, Care, Collaborate and Celebrate to life through our work and with each other.
Community Engagement (40%)
Daily operations to build relationships with website users, guiding them in their journey from site discovery, to returning usage to brand ambassadorship
Support users in uploading and accessing content while maintaining platform-wide quality standards
Troubleshooting and flagging technical issues, answering user questions and responding to social media comments
Design and execute videos, including website tutorials and social media content
Content Management (30%)
Curate content to meet user needs and understand how to tell stories and engage users through marketing and emails
Provide content management support to partner organizations currently contributing on Haggadot.com and other platforms
During peak seasons of Passover and High Holidays, collaborate with team to design, cohost and manage webinars focused on highlighting content and improving site usage
Social Media Management (30%)
Manage social media with a focus on audience engagement and connecting with content
Refine our social media brand, recognizing the need for different voices on different platforms and launching our TikTok presence
Qualifications (We encourage candidates to apply, even if they don’t have all the skills listed)
- Digital native with five to eight years work experience, ideally in a startup, technology or nonprofit environment
- Able to clearly articulate what it takes to deliver a positive customer experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, experience in copyediting and proofreading required
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and the ability to multitask and to prioritize daily activities to meet competing deadlines
- Passion for and knowledge of Jewish ritual and holiday traditions, knowledge of other Jewish organizations a plus
- Experience with online publishing, social media management, email marketing, maintaining websites and project management preferred
- Comfort working on both the creative and analytical side of digital content management.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, social media trends and web publishing software
The Community Manager position is a part-time position with the opportunity to expand to full-time for the right team member. Compensation for this role is $29 to $40 / hr, depending on experience.
Candidate interviews begin in February with an anticipated start date in early March.
Please note, this is a remote position. The Community Manager will need to be available between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm Eastern.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, resume and writing sample to Rebecca Missel, Director of Partnerships and Content at: email@example.com. Please put Community Manager in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until Feb 28, 2022.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.