The PJA Early Childhood program is an amazing place for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years to learn
and grow. PJA has an exciting opportunity for a Registrar & Administrative Assistant in our Early
Childhood Education & Preschool Program. The Registrar & Administrative Assistant is a crucial
member of our team. Are you an organized problem solver who is skilled at managing administrative
support? Do you love working with children and their families? If the answer is yes, please read on.
We’d love to hear from you!
Job Summary: The Registrar & Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact for
families inquiring about our preschool and infant/toddler programs. This includes greeting visitors,
answering phones, creating formal correspondence and responding to emails to answer questions
and provide information about our programs. This position coordinates classroom staffing and
scheduling on a daily basis and maintains a wait list to fill classroom openings as they arise. The
Registrar & Administrative Assistant coordinates special events such as school photos, Friends and
Family Day and Educator Appreciation Week. Other important duties include maintaining calendars,
coordinating trainings, and maintaining a variety of records tracking spreadsheets. This position also
provides classroom support as needed.
• At least one year of experience providing general office support; experience in an Early Childhood program preferred.
• Ability to project a positive, professional image of the PJA.
• Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proficient in google platform, strong organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities as well as organize and execute work independently within the scope of the position.
• Current CPR/First Aid certification and Food Handlers permit required upon hire.
• Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry.
• Ability to work in an environment that is often loud and with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to lift children or heavy items (up to 30 pounds unassisted).
Salary Range: $22-25/hr DOE
Schedule: 7:30am - 4:30pm or 8am - 5pm
Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience.