The Sussman Fund was established in 1981 by Lillian and Gilbert Sussman to provide grants to Jewish students from the Portland Metropolitan area toward their higher education. In keeping with the founders' wishes, students pursuing undergraduate studies towards a degree at an accredited college or university in the United States are encouraged to apply for grants from this fund.
Awards will be given to 2-5 recipients per year in the amount of $1,000-$1,800. Recipients will be notified in April 2023.
Deadline to apply: March 1st, 2023
During application season, you may submit any additional requested materials by the application deadline to:
Attn: Rachel Nelson
Jewish Federation of Greater Portland
9900 SW Greenburg Rd Unit 220
Tigard, OR 97223
EMAIL TO: email@example.com
1. Are permanent residents of, and have attended schools in, the Greater Portland and Southwest Washington area, and
2. Attend or plan to attend an accredited undergraduate college or university in the United States that leads to a recognized degree or certificate.
3. Have not previously been awarded a Sussman Fund Scholarship.
• Complete online application
• Email resume or student employment record and a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
• Have at least 2 letters of recommendation.
• In Section 4 of the application, please list the names, phone numbers and email addresses of two people who can serve as a character reference.
• One of the recommendation letters should speak of Jewish involvement.
• Your references can submit their letters via email or mail.