The Women’s Giving Circle seeks to expand and improve opportunities and choices in all aspects of Jewish women and girls’ lives through strategic and effective grantmaking. The Women’s Giving Circle endeavors to empower women as leaders, funders, and decision makers.
We are pleased that you are interested in applying for a grant from the Women’s Giving Circle. Before you proceed, please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines which may impact your eligibility. For further questions or clarification, please contact Wendy Kahn, Associate Director of Financial Resource Development (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grant submission deadline: February 22, 2019
Award date: June 30, 2019
Individual Grant Amounts: Between $1000-$5000 per grant
The Women’s Giving Circle funds with a “gender lens” and a “Jewish lens.”
The Women’s Giving Circle is committed to improving the overall status of Jewish women and girls, and funds projects that promote social change by addressing at least one of the indicators described below:
1. Social Justice: Emphasizing programs and initiatives that seek to combat anti-Semitism, fight bigotry, and promote tolerance and inclusion.
2. Women and Girls: Emphasizing programs and services that enrich, enhance, and inspire Jewish women and girls. Programs could be in any number of realms, including Jewish continuity/identity, health, social justice, basic needs, or other.
3. Jewish Continuity: Emphasizing programs and initiatives that seek to help strengthen Jewish identity through engagement, arts, culture, or education.
1. We require all applicant organizations to have 501c3 tax status (or equivalent) as a nonprofit organization.
2. Project is in the state of Oregon and/or SW Washington area.
3. Project can be either programs or capital projects. We are open to funding innovative projects along with supporting existing programs.
4. Deadline for projects/initiatives/programs to be completed by June 2020.
5. Applicants must be prepared for requests for site visits between February 25, 2019 and April 5, 2019.
6. All grantees will be asked to submit mid-year reports in January 2020 and end-of-year reports in June 2020.
7. Additional required documents must be submitted in order to be eligible for the grant: program budget, IRS determination letter, and IRS Form 990. Please email these to Wendy Kahn at email@example.com
Please answer the following questions for consideration of the Women's Giving Circle RFP FY 2019-2020