The Women’s Giving Circle seeks to expand and improve opportunities and choices in all aspects of Jewish women and girls’ lives through strategic and effective grantmaking. The Women’s Giving Circle empowers women as leaders, funders, and decision-makers.
We are pleased that you are interested in applying for a Women’s Giving Circle grant.
The Women’s Giving Circle is an open and responsive program that offers flexible and creative funding opportunities, including innovative projects and existing programs. We do not prioritize grants based on years of receipt of funds from the Women’s Giving Circle. We are not obligated to fund grant requests.
Before you proceed, please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines, which may impact your eligibility. Please contact Wendy Kahn, Chief Development Officer, for further questions or clarification.
Grant submission deadline: February 13, 2023
Award date: June 1, 2023
Grant Funding Available: $26,300
Individual Grant Amounts: Between $1000-$5000 per grant
The Women’s Giving Circle funds programs and initiatives focusing on women and girls*, justice, and Jewish continuity. Through these lenses, the Women’s Giving Circle is committed to improving the overall status of Jewish women and girls and funding projects that promote social change by addressing at least one of the indicators described below:
1. Women and Girls: Emphasizing programs and services that enrich, enhance, and inspire Jewish women and girls. Programs could be many realms, including but not limited to Jewish continuity/identity, health, social justice, or basic needs.
2. Justice: Emphasizing educational programs and initiatives that promote acceptance, inclusion, and understanding with a focus on combating anti-Semitism, prejudice, racism, and all forms of social injustice and inequity.
3. Jewish Continuity: Emphasizing programs and initiatives that seek to help strengthen Jewish identity through engagement, education, arts, culture, and beyond.
*Women and girls refers to all cisgender women and girls, transgender women and girls, and non-binary people who are comfortable in female-centered spaces.
1. We require all applicant organizations to have 501c3 tax status (or equivalent) as nonprofit organizations.
2. Project is in the state of Oregon and/or SW Washington area.
3. Deadline for projects/initiatives/programs to be completed by June 30, 2024.
4. Applicants must be prepared to participate in a virtual or in-person site visit as part of the grant request process.
5. All grantees will be asked to participate in a midyear check-in and submit an end-of-year report by June 30, 2024.
6. Additional required documents must be submitted to be eligible for the grant: program budget, IRS determination letter, and IRS Form 990.
Please answer the following questions for consideration of the Women's Giving Circle RFP FY 2023-2024