Elul is almost upon us. As we prepare our body and soul for the transition to a new Jewish year, we invite you to dive into another deep, magical High Holy Day journey with us.
Join Portland’s UnShul, a lyrical, mystical, queer drenched, passionately activist, spiritually intimate Jewish community, in this time of unprecedented transformation. As we live through a plague AND an uprising, together we are birthing the world we have longed for since before we were born. What a time to ground together in our ancient traditions in this beautifully cutting edge radical community.
Through traditional and renewed prayer and practice, we will immerse ourselves in our kavanah/intention for the year, so very on point for this moment. We will explore who we personally and collectively are: Becoming.
Please note that most will be connecting via Zoom to live, interactive services, but the first 16 people who want to attend an in person service have the opportunity to attend one of two satellite outdoor services (with mask and face shield). You will be welcome to join us at the home of either Tom and Rivka Gevurtz in Gresham or Rabbah D and Brio in Multnomah Village.
* Supported - $72: for people with currently limited resources who will avoid hardship at this rate while benefiting from access supplemented by the community.
* Covering Your Costs - $200: for people with mostly sufficient resources, (generally able to pay your bills, have a bank account, etc.)
* Supporting - $540: for those with more than enough resources; that is to say, you can take a vacation that involves airfare and hotels.
Kol Nidre: Sunday, September 27,
* Gather at 6:20
* 6:30 pm yartzheit candle lighting (make sure you have some at home)
* 6:39 pm chag candle lighting