Yom Limmud - A Community Day of Learning
Join our Greater Portland Community rabbis for an afternoon of learning as we prepare our hearts and heads for the High Holidays, presented by the Portland Area Jewish Educators.
We will come together to learn together! It's the start of the school year and the perfect time for us to learn. There will be two tracks, one for our community educators and one for the general public...
For the Community
High Holy Days prep sessions from various Rabbinic points of view.
A unique opportunity to learn from your fellow Portland area educators.
Free admission with specialized track & hosted lunch included (starting at 12:30pm)
SIGN UP HERE
For more detail, contact PAJE at rachelr@jewishportland or 503.892.7415.
SESSION 1 - Choice of:
- Rabbi Joshua Rose of Congregation Shaarie Torah
For the Love of God!
- Rabbi Rachel Joseph of Congregation Beth Israel
High Holy Days 101 for Families
- Rabbi Ariel Stone of Congregation Shir Tikvah
Mystical Insights into the High Holy Days
SESSION 2 - Choice of:
- Rabbi Ariel Stone of Congregation Shir Tikvah & Rabbi Rachel Joseph of Congregation Beth Israel All Rivers Run to the Sea: the Many Meanings of Mikveh
- Rabbi David Kosak of Congregation Neveh Shalom
Perspectives on Change: Deep Structures of the High Holiday Rituals
- Rabbi Brian of Religion-Outside-The-Box
Using Change Management Techniques to Deepen Your Theology
SESSION 3 - Choice of:
- Rabbi Elizabeth Dunsker of Congregation Kol Ami
Fear and the Yomim Noraim
- Rabbi Chaiton of Oregon Chabad & Portland Jewish Academy
It's a Marathon, not a Sprint
- Rabbi Gadi Levy of Portland Kollel
"Who Should Live and Who Should Die" The Dilemma of the Conjoined Twins
In partnership with the Oregon Board of Rabbis, the Mittleman Jewish Community Center and Portland Jewish Academy. Supported by the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland.
Sponsor: Portland Area Jewish Educators, Oregon Board of Rabbis, Mittleman Jewish Community Center, Portland Jewish Academy